Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"The Fans Come Out At Night"

"Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that the sculpture in no way endorses a belief in the occult...."
Pierre Rouzier
I won't go into detail about how cool it was to be a young 20something during the eighties and the impact that the music and fashion had on us all. It was a magical decade...
You just had to be there.
However, I will go as far as to express the indelible impact it has had on my psyche and the fondness to recapture my youth, as I often attempt to convey that in my works. This recent post features a sculpt, inspired by a doodle I created back 1984 after seeing the most amazing music video - Ever!This is my little tribute to some of the best memories of my young adulthood...

R.I.P. MJ

_pierre

0 comments: